Thursday, August 15, 2013

Who are these Farm Moms?

I'm Katie, 33, the NY Farm Mom of two boys; Joey 11 and George 2.  Also wife to Wayne--the farmer:)  We live on our dairy and grain farm in the Town of Stillwater, just off Saratoga Lake in scenic upstate New York, 180 miles north of Times Square in New York City.  
We milk 60 cows, raise our heifers for milking and steers for beef.  We grow about 500 acres of corn, 300 of hay and about 100 of soybeans (I'm sure I will be corrected on these numbers..."it's really 534 except that wet piece....":-) I also think our acres are different thank UK acres...I'll be on google later.)We make all our own feed for our animals, only outsourcing minerals.  It's nice to know just what is going into our animals.  We also make some custom grain mixes for a few other small farmers.  This year we've started on chickens as well, but mostly just for the family at this point, we're up to 19 hens.  

I'm the granddaughter of Mack Naughton, Emma's Great Uncle:)  



No comments:

Post a Comment